Adjusting the machine, special tips for best use:
1) Adjust the bedknife.
2) Check and adjust the clearance.
3) Make checking and adjustment a regular habit.
4) Don't over tighten the bedknife to the reel.
Backlapping the reels:
1) Find out whether you need a back lapping machine.
2) Apply a water-soluble lapping compound.
3) Perform back lapping for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Without a back lapping machine, apply the lapping compound onto the blades and through them as the blades run backward.
5) Clean off the lapping compound.
After Grinding the bedknife and reels: Back lap Again.